my allies never die (MOD9)
DUE TO BUGGED GAME I CANNOT MAKE ANY MORE SCREENSHOTS :X
hey, my name is Pallalala and I play an Oathbound paladin, since the nerf the tank build got nerfed pretty hard, so i went healadin (oath of devotion)
before we start i would like to give credit to “Mod 6 Oath of Devotion Paladin (AKA Healadin)” this guide is based on that one.
1: well, healadins have the biggest heals in game, i’m 2.5k geascore, and I’m always first place healing in tiamat.
2: they have unique, sick aura that makes “revives” people in a range of 35′ of you
2: I love being crucial to the party, not just some stupid DPS 😀
In my opinion the race doesn’t matter that much, but if you wsant to be the best, u have to look for every little thing that can make you better. when i started my paladin, i didn’t think about my race, so i have the wrong one, DON’T TAKE DROW XD
- Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn [+2 to any two Ability Scores; +3% Power and Critical Strike; +3% healing from spells and abilities; +3% Health Points]
This is my first choice, becuase power and crit gives you better heals, and 3% extra heals, speaks for itself
- Dragonborn [+2 to any two Ability Scores; +3% Power and Critical Strike; You receive 5% more healing from all spells and abilities]
Normal dragonborn is also good, again extra heals. the reason why i didn’t choose this one as first choice is because it doesn’t increase healsto the party, but that’s just my opinion.
- Human [+2 to any two Ability Scores; 3% increased Defence; +3 extra feat points]
the best option, if you are a F2p player, extra feat points are always sweet, and extra defence is also nice
i didn’t really think about my roll when i made this character, but i suggest you to focus on wisdom and charisma. Constitution can also be sweet for dmg res and hp.
Here is mine:
I will explain the ones that don’t seem obvious.
if you are human, put extra points in Divine Wisdom or Force of Will
weapon mastery 3/3
touchness 3/3 (extra hp is always usefull,and much better than the ap gain of divine action, I put the third point in it to advance the column 3
exemplar’s haste 3/3
light’s shield 1/3 ( need it to advance to column 3, so not really important, u can place that point wherever you want)
dominating presence 5/5
divine atunement 3/3
divine wisdom ( just to get rid of the point, you can also put it somewhere else)
force of will ( just to get rid of the point, you can place it somewhere else if you want)
light paragon is the only heal path, so pretty obvious. place the 5 bulwark points at last, for i placed them there because of my playstyle
gifts of light 5/5
seraphim 5/5 ( altho I avoid taking damage, it just isn’t impossible to never being touched, and 15% extra heals is ompossible to ignore as a feat
light touched 5/5 ( we are full heals, and the only way to provide a decent buff to our party is with our dailie, this is why this feat is important
share the light 5/5
Healers touch 5/5
echoing heal 5/5
holy bonds 5/5
as you noticed, we have points remaining, you can place these wherever you want. here is where you should put them in, in my opnion
holy resurence: ( bulwark paragon) this is the one i’ve chosen because i often use sanctuary. it gives a good heal to allies in the range( often used when i have a meavy melee party) and it give 10% dmg res to them, which increases their survability.
aura gifts: gives power to the party in 30′ of you, sounds good, but we don’t have that much power, so isn’t that usefull in my opinion. i’m here to heal, and to keep them alive , i’m not a buffer.
deific intervention: gives a nice buff to the party when you are dead, well, don’t die and this feat is useless.
you can keep vow of emnity at rank1 unless you don’t know where to spend more points
- oath strike: deals some dmg, 10% extra heals for 15 sec and a heal to allies
- cure wounds: this is your main healing skill MUST HAVE
- aura of life: revives allies in near death state in a range of 30′ of you for 30% of their hp. MUST HAVE
for the second class feature, choose one, i’m not sure which one is the best, I believe its a personal choice.
- aura of divinity: heals allies in 30′ of you every 3 seconds (very good in tiamat or dragon runs)
- aura of wisdom: 25% cd reduction to you and your allies in range 30 of you ( i never use this personally,)
- aura of restoration: allies in 30′ of you gain 25% extra healing of you ( i use this one in the normal dungeons )
- healing font ( usefull if you have to heal 2 groups at once, put this on the least dmged group, and heal the other one with cure wounds)
- shield of faith MUST HAVE ( one of the only skills that gives dmg res to party, which increases survability)
- bond of virtue: must have
- cleasing touch: ( altho you at-will is a pretty good heal, this one also removes CC of allies and can be used when you are controlled yourself)
- divine touch: ( you can use this instead of cleasing touch, i think this is your biggest aoe heal, after divine call, but doesn’t remove cc)
- vow of Emnity: ( heal allies who hit the target, so good heal when you have to dodge CC and have no time to heal 24/24
- bane: ( debuffs enemy or buffs ally, good for bosses who hit very hard, I always use it in CN at final boss, because lots of tanks have a hard time tanking it. it has a limit of 3 stacks / target, so sometimes you can buff and buff at the same time if 1 target is at max stacks.
I strongy recommend to NOT solo zones, look for a guildmate or somebody with same quests as you, but soloing goes very slow. i won’t spend a lot of time for solo powers, i will put everything here,( at-wills encounter powers and class features)
- radiant strike
- cure wounds
- aura of vengeance
- aura of solitude
- relentless avenger
- vow of Emnity
- divine judgement
this is your second biggest aoe heal, best way to use it is to use the 3 after each other because the heals will get bigger n bigger, but if you don’t have to heal a third time, better to spare a stack.
Dread Ring Campaign:
Ice Wind Dale Campaign:
Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: notice i don’t have the last boon in here, i’d put it in Dragon’s Fury
Maze Engine Campaign:
HOW TO PLAY
try to stay safe and just spam cure wounds, make sure your allies are all in range of bond of virtue. bond of virtue always has to be activated. it gets desactivated by stunns and maybe some other stuff. when that happends bov goes into cd and you have to get in close range of allies and use sanctuary till the cd is over. if you see there is cc on an allie or you are stunned, use cleansing touch. when using vow of emnity, its better sometimes to wait n see which target your allies target, so you are sure you put it on the correct one. When using bane put it on targets why deal heavy dmg, your tank if he has a hard time tanking, or on the biggest dps if stuff has to go faster. try spam shield of fate. if you have a lot of allies, such as in Dr runs or tia, use healing font. like this nobody will die. and if there is an enemy down, just get to closer range to activate aura of life.
if you didn’t understand my text, try this:
how to use:
Cure Wounds: always use this when you have to heal people, (I spam this all day long)
Oath Strike: use this when you want to deal some dmg and heal a bit. (I only use this when i have vow of emnity on my target)
Bond of Virtue: you always have to have this skill on active, izi
Cleaning Touch: use this when you allies is poisened and when your enemy deals heave dmg or aoe
divine touch: use when allies are splitted, try using this before divine call, it gives bigger heals n fast reload
Bane: use if you want to decrease dmg and res of target or increase dmg and res of allie, ( i use this if things go slow and on Ocrus in CN)
Vow of Emnity: use this when you can’t keep up with the healing, or if you are lazy (this is a laggy dr skill)
Sanctuary: use this one when Cleaning Touch in on cooldown or if you want to give a bit of dmg res to your allies
Healing Font: use when you have a lot of allies to heal, (i use this for tia and dr runs)
Shield of fate: use it to give extra res to allies, (i try to spam this as much as possible)
divine call: best way of use is when your allies are splitted around you. using 3stack at once gives biggest heals, but is usually a but overcooked, since it doesn’t reload that fast, be carefull with its use
my gearscore is 2.5k so i’m not 100% sure about what i’m talking here.
- drowcraft (gear)
- dragonflight restoration set (gear)
- elemement of water ( weapon n shield)
- tiamat set ( waist, ring and neck, for extra healing. here are the names of the items: tiamat sash, Tiamat’s orb of Majesty and amulet of tiamat’s demise)
- drowcraft ( shirt and trousers for extra healing on set bonus)
- offense: radiant (more power -> bigger heals) or azure ( bigger crits -> bigger heals)
- deffense: radiant ( more hp -> better survability) or azure ( more def -> more survability)
- utility: dark ( movement is always nice, certainly if you often use sanctuary)
i don’t really like companions, so i use a goat, it makes you stronger 🙂
for mount powers, everything is good, bet the least good powers for us are deflect, mr pen and life steal
i don’t know a lot of artifacts, i always use sigil of the oathbound paladin, because it gives extra survability to my party. but again i’m sure there are much better ones. but i didn’t take care of my artifacts yet so don’t copy mines 😉
END OF THE STORY
so this was it, let me know what you think about my guide. let me know if i forgot something. if you can tell me better gear n stuff i don’t know a lot about, feel free to msg me ingame, i will adapt my guide and give you the credit. if you have any questions just ask 🙂
sorry for my english, its obviously not my first language, and sorry if its sloppy, first time i’m doing this. its all about the content, not the looks 😉
could be i say some things twice 😡 guess it doesn’t matter that much 😀