FNHUSA57 PURE DPS Control Wizard (MOD 11 Spellstorm Mage)
I am FNHUSA57. I started playing NeverWinter as a control wizard back in mod 5, it’s now mod 11 and time for me to give you my updated build for level 70 over 3K item level… This build will work for under 3k item level, but your damage will not be as high.
A bit about the CW: This class is very fun to play and very versatile. With that said we are going to be very squishy and this can be hard to deal with at some times. As a CW you can do good DPS in a boss fight but you do most of your damage to all the mobs and trash in PVE. This build will work in PVP as well if you change some powers.
How this build is played: in PVE you will be on the front line with the tank your job is to freeze/stun all the trash mobs and kill them as fast as you can. Remember you are NOT a tank, 1-4 hits will kill you so you need to try and stay out of red!! To combat this glass cannon fact we must stack life steal and HP split with Defense (mostly from your guild BOON). This video will show you the full build!
RACE & STARTING ROLL: The best race for this class is Tiefling or Human. The rest of this build will assume that you are “Tiefling”, as this race your starting roll will be 20 Intelligence, 13 Wisdom, 15 Charisma.
STATS: when you are level 70 you want to spend all of your stat points in Intelligence (this gives you Damage bonus & Recharge speed increase) and Charisma (This gives you Critical Hit chance, Companion stat bonus, Combat Advantage Damage)
The stats shown are buffed: +2 INT & CHA from Valindra’s belt, +1 to all stats for the Campfire buff, +1 to all stats from Potion of Heroism, +1 to all stats from Elixir of Fate.
FEATS & PARAGON:
Your Paragon path will be SPELLSTORM MAGE, your Heroic Feats will be:
- Controlling action: 1/5 Gain 2% additional ACTION POINTS when using powers on a controlled target. (This is good for mobs).
- Weapon Mastery: 3/3 Increases your “Critical” chance by 3%
- Toughness: 3/3 Increases your maximum “HIT POINTS” by 9%
- Fight on: 0/5 Encounter Cool downs reduced by 2/4/6/8/10% (this is a trap feat)
- Battlewise: 0/3 You create 2/4/6% less threat (this is a waste of time NEVER use it)
- Wizard’s Wrath: 3/3 Your “Area Effect powers” deal 3% more damage
- Blighting Power: 2/3 Your “cold” powers deal an additional 4% damage to targets affected by “CHILL”
- Lightning teleport: 0/5 When you kill a foe you restore 2/4/6/8/10% of your maximum stamina (this is a trap feat)
- Arcane Enhancement: 3/3 Your Arcane powers deal 3% more damage
- Learned spellcaster: 2/5 Increase the amount of bonus damage INTELLIGENCE gives you by 1/2/3/4/5% (This is a Hidden buff per level of “INT”, If you have 30 or more “INT” this works well)
- Prestidigitation: 0/3 You and your Allies gain 1/2/3% increased stat ratings. (At this point you do not get enough power to = the damage bonus from “INT”)
- Focused Wizardry: 3/3 Your single target powers deal 30% more damage and your area of effect powers deal 10% less damage (with BLIGHTING POWER & ARCANE ENHANCEMENT + WIZARD”S WRATH this is only a “net” loss of 3-4% on your A.O.E powers)
- TEMPEST MAGIC: 5/5 when your target is below 30% max “HIT POINTS” you deal an additional 5% damage
- MALEVOLENT SURGE: 5/5 when you kill a foe you gain 5% more damage This lasts 15 seconds
- ELEMENTAL REINFORCEMENT: 5/5 When you cast a fire, arcane, cold or lightning encounter power your gain 5% increased damage for 10 seconds. Each element may apply this bonus separately. (so if we cast a cold, arcane & lightning power then we have a + 15% damage buff)
- SPELL TWISTING: 5/5 Your encounter powers apply SPELL TWISTING for 10 seconds, which stacks up to 3 times. When you cast an at will power, your stacks of SPELL TWISTING are consumed to reduce the cool down time on recharging powers. Cool down is reduced by 10% per stack, 30% if you have the max 3 stacks.
- ELEMENTAL EMPOWERMENT: 5/5 Dealing COLD damage has a 15% chance to apply CREEPING FROST. CREEPING FROST deals 85% of your weapon damage as cold damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds. Dealing ARCANE damage has a 15% chance to apply WARPED MAGICS. WARPED MAGICS deals 50% of your weapon damage as ARCANE damage every 2 seconds for 12 seconds, WARPED MAGICS ignores half of a target’s resistance. “These effects do not stack”.
- ASSAILING FORCE: 1/1 Dealing damage to foes has a chance to grant you ASSIALANT. When you have ASSIALANT your next encounter power deals 15% of the targets max HP as Unresistable damage (max 800% of your weapon damage). This will only affect 1 target when used in an AOE. This feat is half as effective and can resisted and deflected when used on players.
- BITTER COLD: 5/5 Targets take 5% more damage for 6 seconds after being affected by CHILL. (This effect does not stack)
- CHILLING CONTROL: 5/5 SUDDEN STORM now applies 5 stacks of chill to targets hit by the primary strike.
- ICY VEINS: 5/5 When you activate an encounter power all foes within 15 feet of you have 5 stacks of chill applied to them.
COMBAT POWERS: “FOR PVE”
AT-WILL: Magic Missile rank 4 & Ray of Frost rank 4 (Chilling Cloud, works as well in place of Ray of Frost)
CLASS FEATURE: CHILLING PRESENCE rank 4 & STORM SPELL rank 4
DAILY: OPPRESSIVE FORCE rank 4 & ICE KNIFE rank 4
- X ICY TERRAIN rank 4
- Y SUDDEN STORM rank 4
- B STEAL TIME rank 4 (for mobs) or DISINTEGRATE rank 4 (for single target)
- LB CONDUIT OF ICE rank 4
DARK FEY HUNTER, FEY PRECISION, ELVEN HASTE, ELVEN FEROCITY, ELVISH FURY.
Reliquary Keeper’s Strength, EVOKER’S THIRST, FORBIDDEN PIERCING, SHADOWTOUCH, RAMPAGING MADNESS.
ENCROACHING TACTICS, REFRESHING CHILL, SLEET SKILLS, COLL RESOLVE, AVALANCHE.
PRIMORDIAL MIGHT, PRIMORDIAL Regenesis, DROW AMBUSH TACTICS, DWARVEN Footing, ABYSSAL STRIKES.
TYRANNY OF DRAGONS:
DRAGON’S CLAWS, DRAGON’S GAZE, DRACONIC ARMORBREAKER, DRAGON’S Greed, DRAGON’S FURRY x 2, DRAGON’S THIRST.
POWER, DEFENSE & XP GAIN
THE MAZE ENGINE:
ABYSSAL SIPHONING, DEMONIC Resilience, DEMONIC SWIFTNESS, BAPHOMET’S MIGHT.
WAVE OF FORCE, HEART OF STONE, SEARING AGGRESSION, GALE OF RETRIBUTION.
Storm King’s Thunder:
COLD HEARTED, SURVIVAL INSTINCTS, ICY WRATH, VENGEFUL HEAT, CHILL of WINTER.
AURA of HOPE, FIERU FRENZY, FEY BRIARS, ABERRANT POWER.
For your summoned companion you will use one of: Con Artist, rebel mercenary, Sell Sword. The one you use will be the one you have the best gear for! For me that is the Con Artist!
3 Bonding Stones (Rank 12), 1 DOD ring, 2 Greater DOD rings. All with rank 12 Brutals. If you don’t have this gear just use the “BEST” you have.
For your other active companions you wan the AIR ARCHON, FIRE ARCHON, SIEGE MASTER, ERINYES OF BELIAL.
MOUNTS & INSIGNIA BONUSES:
HEAVY TWILIGHT NIGHTMARE, Black Ice Warhorse, White Tiger, LEOPARD OF CHULT, Apparatus of Gond.
INSIGNIA SET BONUSES: VAMPIRE’S CRAVING, MAGISTRATE’S PATIENCE, PROTECTORT’S CAMARADERIE, ASSASSIN’S COVENANT, ARTIFICER’S PERSUASION.
FOR “FARMING” GEAR I USE: Elemental Dragon Flight Assault Cap, Warborn executioner robes(good) or Vivified Manaseeker’s Raid Robes(best), elemental dragon flight raid armlets, Elemental Dragon Flight Assault Shoes, for my main hand and off hand I use the MANASEEKER’S set, for my artifact set I use the Amulet of valindra’s favor, belt of Valindra’s guard, shard of valindra’s crown, For the rest of my artifacts I use the Lantern of Revelation, Thayan book of the dead, Belial’s portal stone. Last for rings use the best that you have at the time I have. This video will show you how to get Relic weapons, the next is for how to get Relic gear:
- ARMOUR ENCHANTMENT: TRANSCENDENT NEGATION
- WEAPON ENCHANTMENT: TRANSCENDENT LIGHTNING or TRANSCENDENT DREAD
- OFFENSE SLOT: Brutal (Best) or AZURE (good)
- DEFENSE SLOT: AZURE, DARK, SAVAGE
- UTILLITY SLOT: DRAGON’S HOARD, FEY BLESSING, QUARTERMASTER’S, SAVAGE
Adorable Pocket Pet, Tymora’s Lucky Coin, Health stone.
I hope you like this build and have fun playing as a PURE DPS control wizard.