E x i l e’s Debuff DPS DO Mod 12B

Rate Here
Rating
User Score
323 ratings
You have rated this
Ads

What’s up guys, I’m Exile and welcome to my DODC build guide.

Please make your own mind up about how you run your DC, this is how I play MINE and you should cater to YOUR OWN play style, and make your own decisions.

This build does DPS, and it heals too, (effortlessly i may add)
However always the main priority is buffing the group and Debuffing the enemy’s SIMPLE.

Never aim for personal DPS in a dungeon that is not our role and should be only be used when doing solo Content or dailies. But the extra deeps doesn’t hurt even in a group situation as it will come naturally.

First things first

Race:

The best race is still dragonborn in my opinion however as I’ve said before it isn’t a game changer (ugly as sin though, and say goodbye to hats! ?)

I’m now human as I prefer it looks wise. And the 3 extra feat points are nice.

I rolled 15 STR, 18 WIS, 15 CHA

(It’s worth noting that I run about 90-100% crit chance and about 95% RI when attacking and proccing templars domain.)

Unbuffed stats

Buffed with companions gift

Feats

Give the feat tooltips a read to better understand why I chose them. – this way you can see for yourself how we choose feats goes hand in hand with our rotation and powers etc.

Heroic

Healing action 2/5 – just because

Toughness 3/3 – can’t get enough HP ?

Weapon mastery 3/3 – 3% crit chance – must have

Domain synergy 5/5 – bit of recovery never hurts

Repurpose soul 3/3 – our main source of heals

Initiate of the faith – 0/5 – WASTE , 1% of 40k power? 400 crit. No thanks. Feat scales with static power only.

Templar’s domain 2/5 gets me to the armpen cap

Battlewise 0/3 – WASTE

Greater fortune 0/3 – not necessary, but not a complete waste.

Bountiful fortune 5/5 – 15% extra divine power? Yes please. (Quicker rotations)

Cleanse 0/3 – useful in certain situations

Righteous paragon

Astral fury 5/5  – more damage, why not

Furious intervention 5/5 – more ap from rotation

Righteous suffering 5/5 – more damage when we take damage

Weapons of light 5/5 – ok for now, maybe not in m13

Piercing light 5/5 – armpen ?

Fire of the gods 5/5 – DoT of the gods more like ?

Condeming gaze – 5/5 must have

I no longer run cleanse reason being we don’t want to accidentally cleanse the DPS GF’s DoT on their survivors wraps, as this buffs their damage bonus and we can inadvertently remove this from them by using cleanse.

Personally I only ever found cleanse useful at Hati anyway, but I don’t run FBI very often to be honest, it’s mostly T9G these days ?

I am aware people like running cleanse and by all means run whatever you want, i just won’t be running it.

Powers & Rotation
(In every scenario keep hallowed ground up as much as possible)

At wills are brand of the sun and lance of faith.

Solo Content:
Chains / daunting light
Divine glow

Group content i.e. single DC (you)
Break the Spirit
Divine glow (switch to PoD for bosses)
Daunting light / chains

Multi DC groups (FBI/MSP/T9G)

as a DO it is always better for us to run break the spirit (BtS) as it’s a stronger group buff and we have quicker rotation speed than an ACDC, but there will be times when you’ll just have to make do with forgemasters flame instead. If the AC insists on running BtS

The main priority is giving the buff to the team and in the end I suppose it doesn’t matter who runs what as long as the team benefits.

Break the spirit
Daunting light / chains / DG (best)
Prophecy of doom

3x empowered DG / chains
1x fully empowered BTS/FF
1x T rex mount power (10% debuff)
1x PoD (10% debuff)
1x heart of the black dragon (15% debuff)

I use an unparalleled dread or unparalleled terror enchantment, however if you are aiming for absolute full debuff then frost would probably be better at a sacrifice of an amount of damage. Both are viable in my opinion. And terror would be good for a DO with low crit chance too not just for a high crit build

running with melt groups my main focus is getting up the team buffs as quickly as possible, while simultaneously shredding as much of the bosses defenses as possible. We need full debuff capability to aid the group’s damage to the boss.

Rinse and repeat.

Class features:

Terrifying insight should ALWAYS be slotted. This is the bread and butter of a Divine Oracle.

Now depending on what your doing or your requirements will determine the next one. But…

I use Hasteneing light because I gain divinity plenty quick enough that I don’t really need divine fortune, but I do switch them around depending on how I’m feeling at the time, sometimes getting those quick rotations is more important for the whole group than the sporadic HG, all depends on the group composition etc. (If the AC runs HL and you have a good pally along with a decent bit of recovery thent100% uptime is easy enough.

Both viable options but the cooldown reduction for the group is very good.

Hastening light is recommended for 2 DC groups however as it massively reduces team cooldown whenever we use a daily power, this should be slotted in every AC’s power tray in my opinion, purely for the amount of times they can pop AA in a short space of time.

Bottom line is, keep the rotation flowing and Divinity building up as soon as you fully empower your BTS or FF, this is paramount for the benefit of the group.

Gear & Enchantments

Artifacts:
Heart of the black dragon
Thayan book of the dead
Sigil of the devoted
Heart of the blue dragon
(Use what ever suits the stats you need, however I always recommend a Debuff artifact for the main one.)

Neck & waist: Sphene

Armor: Primal head, chest arms and feet.

Weapon set: Stronghold weapon set or your preferred relic / ascended weapons.

Armor enchantment: soulforged or barkshield / negation / elven battle

Weapon enchantment: Unparalleled dread / terror / frost

Utility slots: Dark r12/13

It should be pretty obvious what to use in offensive slots so I won’t go into that, just slot what stats you desire, if you need crit go crit etc

However there is many viable enchantment options for a DODC and it depends on your focus in the game and personal requirements. As I said these are MY choices and you should proactively think for yourself and what you can do to benefit the team.

Companion & Gear

Heroic ring of the companion +4
R13 black ice X2

Greater Ostorian ring of Krig
R13 Azure x2

Fierce ring of the companion +4
Azure 13 x2

Bonding runestone rank 14×3

Active companions

Siege master – 4% DAMAGE INCREASE
Erinyes of Belial – 10% CRIT SEVERITY (a waste when using dread and already having high crit severity, so I have slotted a legendary raptor.

Velociraptor – you become part of the pack, you and any allies that are part of the pack are granted a +1% damage increase stacking up to 5 times. (bis if at least 4 people in a group are running it) I RUN THIS ALWAYS.

Fire archon ?- 7.5% DMG INCREASE TO -50% HP ENEMIES

Air archon – 7.5% DAMAGE INCREASE WHEN AT FULL health

Mounts & mount bonuses

T-rex baby always 🙂

** I do not run protector’s camaraderie anymore, it has been artificers persuasion instead for a long time, to proc the movement bonus to help with speed runs.

Boons (choose your own based on requirements)

Choose your own for whatever you need more of.

I use power defence and speed boons from the guild.

Summary:

Have a look at options for yourself, make your own decisions and basically read your feats, read your tooltips etc etc, get an understanding of why you are using them and it will make you a more knowledgeable player in the long run.

REMEMBER this is how I run MY DC, you run yours however you want to. This suits my play style and may not necessarily suit yours. You need to experience the game and gain knowledge that no build guide can teach you.

Oh and there is NO such thing as THE BEST build for a DO (despite what people may say on certain facebook groups ?). The best build for me may not be the best option for you and vice versa. Understanding your class and the groups requirements is what makes a great player.

See you in neverwinter –  E x i l e

Ads
comments
  • Day
    October 7, 2017 at 1:00 am

Hey. Thanks for posting your build.

I’m curious to know, on your companion, where did you the gear from? I have only got those rare 2 offense slot.

• October 7, 2017 at 12:27 pm

Hi glad you liked the build ☺️.

The double offense slot companion gear is farmable through the illusionist gambit skirmish, I got mine before they upped the drop rates in the recent mod 12 update and it took a lot of farming but since then I’ve had a lot of the +4 gear drop from there. It’s just a matter of farming it repeatedly until the correct gear drops for your companion.

• October 20, 2017 at 6:58 pm

Good to see a fellow alliance member with his own build! I just started to gravitate to a DO DC alt as my newish main (had her for over a year now). I mainly run a CW, but with all this newer content being support-centric, I decided to concentrate more on my DC. Gonna give it a go for a bit. So, yo’d say the T-Rex is BiS for a DC also? I just equipped my legendary one last night and loved the effects. Hope to run with you sometime, bro.

• October 31, 2017 at 1:48 am

Hi buddy sorry for the delayed response.

You will no doubt really enjoy playing as a DO, it’s a versatile class to play and I find it addictive.

I’d definitely say the t rex is bis right now for the Debuff as it stacks with other Debuffs and t rexes etc and you can see things melting pretty quick when all of these are taken into consideration.

I’d be happy to play together at some time bro, I’ve recently moved Guild/alliances now however, but I can pm you my gamer tag and you can add me if you’d like.

• Emily
    October 23, 2017 at 3:16 pm

I’m trying to make a buff/debuff cleric as you have here, but I’m having trouble picking a race. I’m stuck between human and drow. With the drow I get a chance to lower the defence of enemies, which I feel will help the team. But the human gets 3 extra heroic feats. Both get similar stats. But my drow started with 12 str, 18 Wis, 16 Cha. While my human got 13 str, 20 Wis, 13 Cha. I’m new to this style and could use some help picking… Any advice?

• Elsah
    October 24, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Can u pls take a Screenshot about ur Powers? 🙁 I play on another Language and its so hard so find 😀 WOuld be so nice.

• Hygieia
    October 28, 2017 at 5:12 pm

Hey Raziel,
    Thanks for great Guide. I’va come back after 2 Years and it’s helping me a lot.

If possible please right what will be or already is 🙂 Your choice of last boon in campaigns:
    Jungles of Chult
    The cloaked of ascendency
    Tyranny of Dragons
    Underdark

Best Regards
    Hygieia

• LC
    November 13, 2017 at 11:23 pm

Hi Raziel, very nice build and tyvm for posting and sharing your build! May you pls update info on the Primal gears to say exact name of each Primal gear piece that you are using? Tyvm again! 😉

• Aela
    November 16, 2017 at 8:43 am

Hey Raziel, Awesome Build, made a DC and it makes me enjoy the Class a lot even at lower Levels. I wanted to ask if you ever considered using the DC Sigil for use or if you usually can spam HG/Hammer anyways, and if so, how about using Lantern for Debuff? Saw some good DCs using it. However, Im no DC Pro so wanted to ask you what you say. 🙂

Aela

• November 16, 2017 at 10:04 am

Hi Aela, I’m glad you are enjoying the build ☺️

The DC sigil is an awesome artifact, however it’s kind of loses its usefulness when playing as a DO.
    Ever since they put a cooldown on hallowed ground it’s makes the power from the DC sigil wasted, often I recharge my AP from combat alone before the cooldown has run out.

But if your running AC also then it’s definitely worth slotting on that loadout as your main artifact.

As for the lantern it’s very good now it’s been fixed a little while back, definitely a viable choice, the heart was more for choice of stats and being able to keep a Debuff handy.

But if you want those particular stats then it’s one of the best choices as a main artifact.

Thanks “)

RAZIEL

• Aela
      November 16, 2017 at 11:26 am

Yeah I thought so about the Heart since you get with the Book already the 1.2k AP for the Cap which is pretty nice since you can use, like you, your Artifact Weapon Power on something else. I didn’t do a AC Loadout yet, wanted to get my DO high enough for ToNG and stuff first, but yeah, then the Sigil is prolly one of the best.

Thanks for the reply! 🙂

Aela

• Devard
    November 17, 2017 at 11:27 am

Stupid question.
    what starting rolls did you use ? i am kinda stuck at the ability scores , cant decide if i go for a good wisdom roll but a lower overall stat points, or the better stat points overall and less wisdom. (since the starting rolls spread from 72 total to 77 total deepening on the spread)

• Robert
    November 28, 2017 at 4:55 am

Raziel,
    I just wanted to say this is a kickass build! Doing tons of damage and great buff\dubuffs. You should be very proud of your build! Thank you!

• Taylor
    November 30, 2017 at 1:08 pm

I looooooove this build. People kept telling me I needed to change to a AC cause DOs suck cause they don’t give the power share but once I changed it I hated it bought a retrain token and put this build back on my DC I am able to do all my dailys and even out DPS some people in dungeons and I’m only 12k item level. Love love love this build to a T. Thanks ?

• Felix
    December 1, 2017 at 2:15 am

I’m having so much fun with your build. Thank you for sharing. I’m sure this may have been asked before. there is a boon left (two to choose of 3) in storm king in storm king thunder, if you don’t have those yet, which will you pick?

• hanness
    December 4, 2017 at 9:05 am

hey,
    nice build, but I have some questions about the full debuff rotation for harder content like fbi, mspc and t9g.

1- do you run prophecy of doom in a 2 dc group ? or you still run chains, divine glow and FF/BTS

2- if you use Prophecy of doom in a 1 or 2 dc group, could you tell me what’s your rotation, do you use prophecy in divinity?

for instance :

fill you divinity with brand of the sun and 3 lance of faith , then prophecy, switch to divinity, 3 forge/BTS (or 1 divine glow and 2 forge/BTS) then 1 forge/BTS empowered ?

is that a good rotation or should i use prophecy in divinity ?

regards

• Joshua Johnson
    December 19, 2017 at 5:48 pm

Hey! This guide has made me really like my dc/do build. But I can’t see your 65 to 70 power build.

• John Monahan
    January 24, 2018 at 5:58 am

Just changed my build to this and what a serious difference it makes I went from AC power to this do buff and i thought I’d miss the power buff when all the buffs/debuffs hit I do alot more damage thanks for sharing man

• cola
    February 24, 2018 at 7:54 pm

hi, nice update since the last one

but I was wondering why do you use 3 daunting light now in your boss rotation instead of divine glow

maybe i miss something, but daunting light give only dps and quicker rotation, but DG give a debuff and buff,

i mean you changed your dread for a frost, so why daunting light ?

and thanks for sharing your build

regards

• February 24, 2018 at 8:33 pm

That’s exactly the reason why, quicker rotation.
      As I mentioned in my guide, my priority is to get the main Debuffs and buffs up as fast as possible.

DG is not the best when used in Divinity purely for the slow cast time it has, and therefore isn’t optimal to quickly fully empower BTS or FF.

I use divine glow outside of bosses, but once in a boss fight I don’t have it slotted at all. In a 2 DC group the AC will most definitely have it slotted so there isn’t usually a loss on that side of things. Once at a boss I will slot PoD and cast that unempowered after I’ve done BTS/FF and used the T-rex.

But obviously, you can use any powers you want to use, this is just the way I like to keep a fast rhythm with my rotation.

Regards

• cola
        February 25, 2018 at 4:19 am

thanks for your prompt reply, i appreciate, it’s always nice to get some advice from a good player.

regards

• DB
    February 25, 2018 at 4:46 pm

I may be stating the obvious here but does this build replace/update the soulreaver Dragon born buff/debuff build that was up a couple weeks ago?? I’m a fairly new player and just started my second character and was using that build as a base since its a new character/playstyle, and of course can always tweak as I go along. I’m about level 30 and have most of the companions and maybe two mounts for the build. As far as character I ‘ll start the armor,weapons at 60. Working on artifacts, enchantments,etc as I go along. As far as feats and powers I have used only 20 points in powers and just the heroic feats not started paragon points yet. Is it pretty much the same or should I reroll or change load out when I hit 70 since I didn’t write down the other build??

• Contractions of Fate
    February 26, 2018 at 7:28 am

What happened to RAZIEL’s SoulReaver build?