Parrotzilla’s Paladin Tank-DPS POWERSHARE Build PS4 Mod 14 (Also PVP and Devotion/Healadin)

by Parrotzilla on February 11, 2018
Oathbound Paladin
Item Reviewed

Author
Rating
User Rating
Rate Here
Rating
User Score
738 ratings
You have rated this
Ads

Well guys, it’s over, I fucked up, farmed the barovian hunts looking for the executioner gauntlets, and got Permabanned, heh what we do to be BIS I guess lol.

take me as an example, doesn’t matter how easy or temping or how insignificant a glitch appears to be, don’t do it.

2.5 years down the drain for some filthy gauntlets. wich i didn’t EVEN GOT lmao.

So long fellow paladins, take a look at stellas build, it’s pretty similar to mine, and he will keep updating it.

thank you all! and no matter how you play your paladin, if you’re a full power /recovery, a dpsish, a burnadin, a full bullete pup HP paladin, a full healadin  or even a boring baneadin.

Have fun!

P.S. Fuck you Tom Brady, and Fuck you Tuppy.

Ads
comments
  • Contractions of Fate
    February 11, 2018 at 4:30 am

Very nicely written and well organised guide! I will try this!

I would add, though, that Half-Elves can also make a good Paladin: it’s their “Preferred” class as they get +2 CON and either +2 WIS or CHA, so they can max the secondary attribute for either Paragon.

Half-Elf racial innate bonuses are maybe not so good as Tiefling for dps at end-game:
    Knack for Success: +1% Deflection Chance, +1% Critical Severity, +1% gp gain
    Dilettante: +1 to non-class Attribute,
    which for OP is a hidden +1 to DEX that does not show up in the Character Generator, but does when in the actual game, on the beach. So that would be +1.5% Deflection Chance and +1.0% AoE Resist compared to other classes, and +1% Crit Severity.

For Half-Elf, SW is a “Favoured” class due to CON and CHA, but OP is “Preferred”.

So, for role players, Half-Elf is a decent choice for OP for those who love the race, but maybe not absolutely optimised. Whatever, it’s not game-breaking,

~

I actually have a Halfling Protector! I have a Halfling of all classes, as they just make me laugh because they are so tiny and hyper-active. Not a bad race choice, either, +2 DEX and either CON or CHA.

And a Human. But I did not know what I was doing in Mod 6 and for the Human I maxed CHA as I am Old School AD&D, and Paladins needed CHA 17 just to qualify! And I gave her a Belt of CHA +4 and the Protector’s Cloak dropped from somewhere, so I went with that set bonus for bonus hp and Defence instead of APG from a different cloak. I stacked Prosperity Insignia on her mounts later to try and make it up to her. I also went 5/5 Steadfast and 3/3 Force of Will. So that is +5% base hp, while GF gets only +4%. And at CON 10, the OP would get +10% base hp more than other classes, anyway. I think that’s a bug in the design.

I don’t know if it’s been fixed, but Sharpedge reported some time ago that Impassioned Pleas did nothing at all, and as I didn’t think Exemplar’s Haste was worth it due to other cool down abilities we have, I specced out of those and for Heroic Feats she now has:

3/5 3/5 0/0 5/5
    3/3 0/3 0/0 0/3
    3/3 3/3 0/0 3/3

I don’t use Prism or Beacon of Hope, though. Too many bad memories of Tiamat Freeze Frames on PC. Probably fixed now, and I think that was more of an Oath of Devotion problem with certain powers causing an infinite loop. But I will try this build in their 2nd load outs.

I also have a normal Dragonborn OP Protector, but kind of wish I’d chosen Tiefling, as I have three and would like one of each class for them as well. I might race re-roll one day. I don’t think many people race re-roll OUT of Dragonborn! But I’ve had the Legendary pack for ages, and they are absolutely the best race for DC, but I think Tiefling is as good if not slightly better for CW, SW and OP Protector.

A lot of people think DB racial innates are broken, but what it does is that the “3% higher Critical Strike Rating” is a multiplier, not an additive +3 modifier like Weapon Mastery. So at 20,000 Critical Strike, x1.03, that is +600 for +1.5% Crit Chance. Same as Power 40,000 x1.03 gives +1200 Power for +3% more damage bonus. At end-game with all boons and rank 20 Guild Hall, that’s just as good as, if not better, than other racial offensive bonuses.

~

Bulwark is a badly broken path. By rights, Bulwark should be the Ultimate OP Tank path. But due to the way the Oath of Protection mechanics work, it’s the “dps” path that tanks better and is of more benefit to a high gear group that has a ton of self-healing anyway. Just as they need DC buff/debuff, not healing.

Healing is for The Defeated.

• parrotzilla
      February 11, 2018 at 10:07 pm

Half Elves well, they were BIS before i think when the perma bubble was a big thing, right now most pallies go for high powershare and this gives us tons of dps

NOT really sure about the elves thing, since when i started playing the bubble was no longer a thing, BO was a big thing back then tho.

about prism or beacon of hope, it raises your dps a little bit, but every little bit helps 🙂

Bulwak, well the only time i use bulwark is when im pvping and the other team is a premade stomping my team, that’s when i go bulwark.

• Contractions of Fate
        February 12, 2018 at 10:46 am

Do you have a PvP build you could post? Several of my classes have been 1-shotted by OPs

• March 1, 2018 at 9:01 pm

For PVP i have been making test using the deepknight as chest piece, t-rex corona, pilgrim arms, and the new pvp boots (planing on replacing arms and corona with pvp set), with valhalla set, everfrost clothes, wth draconics on offense and demonics on defense, , using aura of courage and aura of truth, binding oath,, templars wrat / burning light / relentless avenger or cleanse. I can 1 shot several classes, but not all, Hr’s and Tr’s are a pain in the ass to kill, while warlocks just loop glitch me :C, i will upload avideo of my pvp build so far this weekend

• February 11, 2018 at 1:32 pm

hiho, sac weapons hit 5 times if you use atwills, bane is nice way to taunt boses long range with sac wepaons. ( looking at you ras )

• February 11, 2018 at 1:33 pm

also, if you use shepherds, you can wait with daily near the end of the fight so everyone runs faster, i always do it and since i started my tong runs got 1-2min faster 😀

• parrotzilla
      February 11, 2018 at 10:11 pm

yep, it also stacks, Bane well, tbh i don’t use it, i have tested it with our usual team, and it actually slows us down, same as going devotion casting bane on the main dps, slows us down by 1 or 2 minutes 🙁 , it shouldn’t but it does, tested a lot of thing son t9g, tested using bane on boss, bane on main dps, using wheel and letting main dps get the fire and use his crystal artifact, tested vow of emity.

So far the fastest runs we had is combining templar’s, sacred weapon + BO on trash with lighting, then on boss battles, templar’s wrath, sacred weapon and smite with feytouch, THO at orcus battle, you can use templar’s wrath couple times till you get around 1.5m or 2.5m HP, and switch templar’s wrath for COP, while orcus goes away.
      Second bos, COP, sacred weapon, smite with fey, and last boss, templar’s, sacred weapon and smite, average of 18-20 min runs, depending on who’s the GF and the second dc.

• Contractions of Fate
        February 12, 2018 at 5:10 am

I’ve tried using Bane but it is annoying as other players and companions can get in the way and it says “player xyz is not a valid target”.

Same thing happens with the Whisperkinfe TR’s Vengeance’s Pursuit.

I think binding it to a key so it only targets the Boss might help, like AC DCs can bind Exaltation to the tank or GWF.

• Contractions of Fate
    February 12, 2018 at 5:16 am

What is THO, by the way?

• Justin Mccartney
    February 12, 2018 at 9:18 pm

“wich can be obtained by doing quests on chult. you can easily farm this in 1hour.”

As a newer player…. Im 2hrs in and only have 100 of the 1200

• February 13, 2018 at 9:30 am

welcome back!!!
    thanks for this guide, i was very fearful when i saw your last guide desappeared 🙂
    thanks for this work!! i hope that you keep update!!

• Richard
    February 16, 2018 at 8:22 pm

I am only a couple weeks into Neverwinter but how much different are the builds between PC and PS4?

• March 1, 2018 at 9:05 pm

as right now they’re the same, exept on PC, you got the mod 13 already, so you may want to replace the Con artist for a chultan tiger, wich is best in slot, also i heard there are couple nice rings from masterworks on mod 13, but not sure about the price on them

• Thiago
    February 19, 2018 at 6:45 pm

Heya, wich polar bear you reffer? the armored polar bear from the pic over there?

• March 1, 2018 at 9:06 pm

yes, the one that gives you 2k defense, that one has wanderer’s fortune and gladiator guile, so you can swap em when you go into dungeons

• Frozty
    February 20, 2018 at 7:19 am

you are awesome, ty

• Munsu
    February 23, 2018 at 3:50 pm

Hey parrot , i’m interessted in your gf build can you help me out ?!

• March 1, 2018 at 9:07 pm

Hello, i think on the AD / Rp farm, i posted a video runing with several Gf’s, i think i show the equipment and feats,if not well it’s just all the points on the top tree, I use, into the fray, linebreaker assault and enchanced threat, you can look up any DPS GF build in here, forgot wich one i based mines on.

• February 27, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Nice one parrot, I play a very similar playstyle to you but I enjoyed reading the guide. Learned a few things too. Very well written kept it simple and straight to the point. Awesome.

• Eranor
    March 1, 2018 at 5:24 am

Hey, great build, thank you for sharing. Can you comment on what equipment you equip to your companions? Eg. what 3 rings do you have on your Con Artitst?

• March 1, 2018 at 9:09 pm

Hi, on my con artist, i have 1 Ring of the Dinosaur Slayer +5 with 2 demonics rank 14, 1 Bold ring of the Companion +4 with 2 azures r14, and 1 Ring of the hunter +5 with 1 Black ice 14 and 1 azure r14, with this i can obtain 80% resistance ignored and 95% crit chance (the other 5 % resistance ignored i get it from radiant strike, and the other 5% crit chance from 1,000 crit potion and the 1,000 crit tuna from the SH)

• Zhimin Qi
    March 9, 2018 at 2:32 pm

Hi, I wonder if I’m being purely a powershare tank w/ any decent dps, then should I use some of the ward gear instead of restoration (with assassin’s covenant) as in that case you will gain much higher power but lose huge critical strike?thx

• March 21, 2018 at 3:12 pm

heh, i would go crit, tbh gaining 100 extra power from 1000 defense it’s not a game changer…, i just stack as much power as posible, but still i need crit and armorpen to help the team make the run fasters, BUT, i think i can switch to the ward set up, with more power, with my actual set up, since i have 102% crit chance atm with potions, but would have to test it 🙂

• Steve
    March 13, 2018 at 1:41 pm

Does it matter which mounts I get as long as the equip power is 4k power and the combat power tensers transformation? So for example for Artificer’s Persuasion, can I also take Flail Snail? Or should I take exactly the same ones you have in the picture above? And in the Picture above the polar bear have the effect gladiators guile, but you say for wanderers fortune i should buy the polar bear. So can you tell me which Mount i should get for which effect?

• March 21, 2018 at 3:40 pm

4K power is a must, BUT if you dont want to waste in two legendary mounts, you can always go t-rex, 2k power 2k armpen is not that bad, plus it has an amazing combat power,, DONT GET THE TENSER DISK, I use the 4k power and the LION combat power, i only use the disk when soloing, it was a mistake buying it, but OH WELL, i would go 4k power / t-rex wich i may do in the future, but my usual team loves the lion so yeah.. may stay on that one.

about the mounts, use any mount you need , they dont have to be the one i use atm, there a tool right here, to help you find wich mounts have wich specific bonus

I WOULD get the armored polar bear from the ZEN market, since it has wanderer’s fortune and it’s unlocked for all your characters, so you can get a lot of RP with it on multiple characters on your account

• Gyges
    March 29, 2018 at 5:02 am

I like this post really helpful but is there something out there for true newbie to game got a dc to 20 and pally to 11 like break down power points etc.. more in depth for those that don’t know anything other than general dnd structure?

• March 30, 2018 at 6:33 pm

well, it’s just that leveling from 1-70 you dont really need a guide, just complete the quests as you get them and use the equipment as you get it, ONCE you hit lvl 70 the game changes A LOT, you will be doing campaigns for about 2 months , until you have finished all your boons.

What i could tell you is, use the same rotation as i say on this guide, most of the powers i use, are unlocked at lvl 30 ish, but for replacements, well while you get templars wrath, you can use burning light / sacred weapon / smite, and for atwills meanwhile you unlock shieldingstrike, you can use valorous strike + radiant strike, everything else is unlocked at i think lvl 10-15 :), only templars is i think 20 ish?, and shielding 35 ish

• Gyges
        April 4, 2018 at 1:26 am

Should I unlock all powers on the way up I guess is better question?

• Gyges
          April 4, 2018 at 1:38 am

Guess I mean on the pages for powers. On ps4 will we have enough points to get them all to 4 th rank or do we have to be selective??

• Contractions of Fate
          April 4, 2018 at 5:01 am

@Gyges
          No, be selective. As you level up, you don’t need to unlock any that you will never actually use, unless you absolutely HAVE to in order to get to higher level powers, or to spend the minimum 20 points in order to unlock Rank 3. later, you will have to spend points in order to unlock Rank 4.

But, at low level, you basically need almost everything up to 35 power points

Personally, I don’t unlock any Class Features at all except Auras of Courage and Wisdom, and later Radiance, as when solo I use Courage and Radiance. BUT, as I have to spend a point earlier on either in a 3rd Daily or a useless Class Feature, I might unlock Aura of Truth, just because I HAVE to spend 2 points in order to have 20 spent.

Have a look at this:

I have spent 18 points, so now I MUST spend 2 more to get to Templar’s Wrath. So I can put those 2 points in Aura of Truth, and then I can have rank 3, like this

When I first started, I had 3 ranks in almost all Auras, just to try them out. But it soon became clear that Protection Oath needs only three: Courage and Wisdom in a party and Courage and Radiance solo. But Courage and Wisdom also works well solo. I just like doing a little bit of damage and dragging aggro while my shield is up, then lowering it to use TAB and encounters etc. In low level zones, you can kill things just with your Aura!

• Gyges
    April 4, 2018 at 10:35 pm

Thank you so much the replys and answering my newbie questions it is much appreciated this makes more sense now

• Antoine van den Borre
    April 6, 2018 at 4:05 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your build my thank is doing top with your build One question what should I take as Artifact power in main hand and off hand Thanks a lot

• May 14, 2018 at 3:04 pm

main hand i go with radiant strike, and offhand wisdom :), some ppl use shielding on main hand, i just use radiant because sometimes i go healadin, and healadins dont have shielding strike.

• April 30, 2018 at 10:53 am

Hey Parrot, are you going to be updating your build for mod 13? Yours is the best build so far, although my pally is only 11k changing it to your build I saw a great improvement.

• Eranor
      May 5, 2018 at 5:00 pm

Agreed! Would be very appreciative for a mod 13 update. I have been using this guide since I started my pally and am loving it. Thank you Parotzilla.

• May 14, 2018 at 3:04 pm

mod 13 updated 😀

• July 5, 2018 at 11:06 am

Thank you for the update, I have not been on for a while but much needed. Once again great guide.
        One question is what is the best Artifact Stat increase to have on off hand? Not sure if Combat Advantage or Action Point Gain is best.

• plaa007
    May 8, 2018 at 7:18 am

what about Guild boons? You don`t have them there

• Kit
    May 14, 2018 at 1:52 pm

Hey Parrot!

Awesome build, I’m new to Pally coming across from dps and acdc so have found it really useful.

I just had 1 query regarding the chest piece, I wonder if Deepknights Brig is BIS if not so worried re dps and want to focus on powershare due to having more HP than the Furry Bear Chest (xD) or am I missing something?

Thank you!

• May 16, 2018 at 2:16 pm

If you look at them this way:
      Deepknights 50.495 hp
      wich would be 5049 power when getting attacked

kiuno has
      29.387 hp
      so that’s 2938 power when getting attacked
      2006 power
      1337 crit
      1421 defense, wich is 142 power thx to assasin covenant.
      5086 total power, so yeah kiuno has more power then deepknight, and also crit, and also a NICE BONUS.

now, if you want to min max your powershare

Vivified Primal Ward Ibhantshi
      33.526 hp, that’s 3352 power
      2279 power
      1519 crit
      1740 defense that’s 174 thx to assasin covenant
      5805 power , that’s 719 more power than the kiuno,
      but even at that, i prefer the kiuno
      , straight damage boost, is better than that extra lil power atleast for the way I play 🙂

719 divided into 4 it’s 179 power, that’s what u’re powersharing, so, if your teamates have 3 bondings r14 and all 5 legendary companions it would be 179 directly to them plus 179 x 2.26 from all 5 leg compns and 3 bondings r14 = 404 power from comp.
      Plus 179 power directly from u = 583 total powershare to your teammates.. wich at endgame with 200k+ power it will do NOTHING :C

• Antoine Van den Borre
    May 16, 2018 at 5:15 pm

Hi thanks for all hour help Have one question I have a paladin protection 17 K my main hand and of hand are stille titansteel Should I stuk by these or do you have another solution Should I take of het respons Thanks to you I am so good and reached that high item level

• Griffin C
    May 21, 2018 at 9:55 am

yo, i understand mod 14 comes out in a few weeks, but, would u recommend mw3/4 gear?

• Antoine van den Borre
    May 31, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Hi I have an of het question Sometime the keep me parking to uwe bane that Should I ander them

• Antoine van den Borre
      May 31, 2018 at 5:39 pm

Sorry this is my question Sometime they keep asking me to use Bane what should I answer them

• Jason
    June 23, 2018 at 8:06 pm

Sacred Weapon doesn’t quite the way you’ve described. It generates an additional hit with the next 5 attacks if you use only at-wills, 4 attacks if you mix (with at least 1 at-will), or 3 attacks if you use only Encounter/Daily powers after activating.

It doesn’t matter if they extra hit is generated by an at-will, encounter, or daily, it hits for the same strength. It’s a full hit, benefits from aura of courage, crits, debuffs, etc. There is one exception: If you have the +6% At-Will feat, then that will boost the Sacred Weapon hit when triggered by an at-will.

The most damage you can get from SW is to use Shielding 5x in a row.

• Dan
    July 2, 2018 at 11:37 am

Ey, muy completa la guía! Me asombraron tus métodos de farmear AD, lo que sí, mi inglés es bastante básico sumado a que no llevo mucho tiempo jugando, por lo tanto me quedaron algunas dudas haha. Si algún día puedo hacerte unas preguntas te lo agradecería!

• Kadaj77
    July 12, 2018 at 6:30 am

hi nice guide dude. I have two questions for you.
    1. Are there any new BIS gear in mod 14 ?
    2. I just got my bondings runes 14, and i wonder if i need to put full brutal enchant or full black ice enchant on my chultan tiger ? ( full azure don’t guaranty 100%, crit now i believe).

I think the new companion razorweed is better than belial or siegemaster.

sry for my poor english it’s not my native language.

• Alison
    July 17, 2018 at 1:27 am

I was wondering if you could update with advised Omu boons.

• Alison
    July 17, 2018 at 1:29 am

Nvm I should have read more closely. Lol.

• July 24, 2018 at 4:18 pm

thanks for the update… now this is the most complete guide… thanks for youe effort 🙂

• Curious
    August 1, 2018 at 12:14 am

If you have no intention whatsoever to do group play and only solo, what stats would you recommend prioritizing and what enchantments? Same or something else? Still stack armpen on the companion or no?

• Earl martin
    August 11, 2018 at 6:28 am

Can have ur pvp BUILD I need make one like ur video is to fast for me

• Lazkeek
    August 30, 2018 at 10:46 pm

Thoughts on Mod 14?

• Thorsten
    September 1, 2018 at 12:03 pm

Do you do a Mod14 Update?

• Baptiste Vergucht
    September 9, 2018 at 5:00 pm

What do you think about heels of fury ?
    And the apocalypse set ?

• Amy Walker
    September 19, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Hi, love your build! I’d there an update for Barovia?