WickedDuck’s Mod 14 GWF Build
Why no Disciple of War you might ask? Well Disciple of War has never been good, it only works off your base recovery, armor penetration and it was just used as a means to get to the next feats since it was the most useful out of the 4 (Deep Gash, Mighty Blade, Unfettered Strikes, Disciple of War). That changes in mod 13 since Mighty Blade now works with weapon master’s strike and other powers.
Why no Battle Awareness? Used it never liked it, I’ve been running Relentless Battle Fury since mod 8-9 if I recall correctly and the main reason why is because of the current meta where you get a lot of power from clerics and paladins who can get you to 200-250k power. This makes Battle Awareness overkill (see math below for why) and in the end all it does is slow down your rotation and forces you to spam Battle Fury more frequently to keep it up 100% of the time even solo where I have 80k power and 45k base power. So basically the small dps increase Battle Awareness gives is not worth it compared to the increased risk of losing the 100% uptime of Battle Fury which is a 25% damage buff.
With the new Chultan Tiger companion, the Sellsword is going to be replaced. The debuff does have 100% uptime even though the debuff bar doesn’t show it. You will still need the trinity of archons and a siege master or a velociraptor if you are in a premade group and everyone is using it.The companion gear is pretty much full loyal avenger with brutals in offense and darks in defense. No crit severity companions. I see a lot of people having the misconception that 10% crit severity is a 10% damage increase due to not knowing how the crit severity formula works.
Update on the companion gear I might be swapping 2 loyal avenger rings with those rings as of right now on preview the equip bonus works with the companions although it’s still unknown if 2 +5s will stack together the stats are worth it. It is ideal for the chultan tiger due to its 2 slots. (Update they don’t stack together, different ranks do stack though +5 and +4)
Now I know console doesn’t have loyal gear so I am going to give you a link from the unblogged website that has a stat building simulator to work out your stats there. Click here
Gear Updates on tiger
- Swapped a ring for a gravestriker +4 ( I believe the equip power will be fixed in the near future).
- Chultan Tiger: Run Speed and Damage is increased by 5% for 25 seconds. (Along with a 10% debuff power)
- Air Archon: Damage increased by 5.0% against enemies not at 100% health. Each additional active archon increases this bonus by 0.5%.
- Fire Archon: Damage increased by 7% against enemies with less than 50% health. Each additonal active archon increases this bonus by 0.5%
- Earth Archon: Damage increased by 6% when you are at 100% health. Each additonal active archon increases this bonus by 0.5%
- Siege Master: 4% damage in any area/8% in stronghold. (Could be good for mobs instead of war boar or fire archon if you really feel like switching)
- War Boar:5% damage to marked targets.
- Razorwood: 25% combat advantage damage . (Mod 14)
I’m kind of biased with the archon trio, I really like the synergy between them when having multiple ones. But there are other viable options that you might prefer such as War boar instead of fire archon. I just prefer running fire archon, switching to war boar is totally fine it just comes down to preference.
Replaced siege master with Razorwood.
Razorwood: 25% combat advantage damage.
So the max crit severity I can get is 125.5% with potions let’s add 10% extra crit severity to that also taking in account your Combat advantage since it is added to crit severity when critting. Everyone has 15% base CA + 8% combat advantage damage from my CHA stat bonus + 9% from my combat advantage rating (1499 combat advantage) and 25% from razorwood. Then you have to take into account the maze engine boon that gives 10% combat advantage bonus. So 15+8+9+25=59.5*1.1=65.45 . So for the next step you add 125.5+65.45=190.95
Nothing to explain here use 4k power or crit or armor pen or whatever combination you want depending on your stats (or 2k I use 2k crit on live server If on a tight budget). Bat swarm as active. Crescendo can proc combatant’s maneuver and slam can only at mobs for some odd reason.
Your best choice is metallic Ancestry Dragonborn or Dragonborn and Half Orc if you don’t have the dragonborn pack . You are most likely going to use Half Orc unless you can buy a dragonborn. Manual Dragonborn is probably the 2nd best option the 3% power and 3% crit scale with buffed stats and those are added to your base therefore they can cause a very tiny power loop.
Stat Rolls for Half orc
Stat Rolls for Metallic Ancestry Dragonborn
This is what your stat rolls should be like with Half Orc and Metallic Ancestry DB
Why Charisma instead of Dexterity? Because of the extra combat advantage damage it gives. You don’t really have to do it but for a little more damage it’s worth it (Also note that Combat advantage damage works differently if you don’t crit and for aura of courage 8% Combat advantage from CHA is roughly 5.1% more damage for aura of courage since it doesn’t crit.
For solo play you are going to run Hidden Daggers, Battle fury and Daring shout. It’s more worth it in my opinion than IBS since the Vorpal meta is dead on GWF therefore you are not benefitting as much from ibs. If there is no Guardian fighter marking for you in buff groups you should stick with these powers. Now If there is a Guardian Fighter in your group you should switch out Daring Shout with Indomitable Battle Strike since there is no point in marking him again as you already get the buff from powerful challenge. Also, if you time it well and kill the mobs, IBS is better than Daring Shout on trash because the mark will spread to every enemy and now that slam is buffed it can be a very potent addition in aoe and single target.
Class feats are the usual Destroyer/Wrathful Determination combo.
Disclaimer:All of these powers were tested at rank 4.
Hidden Daggers : Damages foes in a cone has a target cap of 7 enemies gives 40% buff to all melee powers has 3 charges.
Battle Fury: Refills Stamina and gives a 25% damage buff. 25% of the benefits are given to the party. (6.25% damage, 25% stamina)
Daring shout: Marks your Target applying a 20% personal debuff to it and 8% for the rest of the party.
Weapon Master’s Strike:Strikes foes and summons a phantom behind them to strike them again(phantom does 10% less damage than the first strike.)
Reduces the damage resistance of the enemy to your at will (30% personal debuff)
Indomitable Battle Strike: Damages enemies in a very small cone. On kill it marks all the foes around each foe killed by IBS gives 17.5% AP.
Wrathful Determination: You get 12.5% damage as your determination fills up When it’s almost full it’s around 12.5% when It’s completely full it’s 25%
Destroyer: Increases your damage every time you hit more than three enemies Each hit adds a stack up to 3 times each stack giving 12% damage.(Focused Destroyer gives a 25% chance when hitting any number of enemies to get a stack, additionally gives 3.5% damage per stack at rank 5) . Giving a 46.5% damage buff in total.
Sure Strike: 4 attacks. 1st and 2nd do the same damage. Third attack does roughly 10-11% more damage than the first attacks and 4th strike does 100% more damage than the 1st attack also hitting multiple enemies if they are very close to the target (Similar to ibs).
At mobs I use lightning(Check known bugs) . At bosses I use Prominence and fey depending on the fight age being buffed by fey and also getting 20% extra damage from Encounters If running with a GF. Another thing is that in tomb Bloody Death works better with Fey because your at-wills will be doing 20% more damage also better to use Fey with the new silvering kit from mod 14. There is some math behind Prom vs Fey but to outperform prominence with fey even with all that stuff you need Fire buff + Aura of courage + Mark + perfectly timed Ibses just to outperform it by 2-3%.
Non Barovian zone
While in Barovia (Cr included)
Alternative for Aoe
- Eye of the Giant
- Shard of orcus
- Fragmented key of stars
(This is what I use to balance my stats around you can use alternatives such as lantern of revelation etc. )
Brutals or Black ice if you want the extra recovery.
Radiants for Aura of courage
I’m going to be using the primal weapons the set bonus refreshes as of right now and they are pretty easy to obtain compared to tyrant weapons(if something changes and tyrant weapons get buffed im going to be using those instead). I am planning to get 2 main hands 1 for lightning at mobs with weapon master strike damage buff. And another one with sure strike buff with either feytouched or prominence.
Major/Superior Flask of potency, Wild Storm Elixir/Elixir of fate, Squash soup, stronghold food 1k power or 1k crit
Pretty sure you can figure those out on your own I’ll just give you the stronghold boons power/defense(use hp boon if there is a paladin in the group to buff aura of courage damage) For solo or if there is no paladin in the group switch to the defense boon.
I chose to use 2 crit severity 1 lifesteal on the tyranny of dragon’s boons the damage increase is pretty slow that’s why I went with that extra life steal since I have 128% crit severity 1.5% extra crit severity would be a 0.657% dps increase.
Why do I need HP Wicked?
Aura of courage is a very big part of your damage and it scales with YOUR health basically the more health you have the more damage Aura of Courage will do. Which in my opinion is more worth it since you don’t get anything crazy from Azures or Black ice enchants in defense slots.I have 4 defense slots so I can get 4000 defense (azures) If they are rank 14 which means from the steely defense feat I get an additional 1000 power which is basically nothing if you read my take on Battle Awareness.
Since I got some requests ( and backlash) for not providing the boons. I thought they were pretty self explanatory so I didn’t include them. Apologies for assuming that.
Now you got the build but that doesn’t mean you will play like me and go outdps everyone out there all the stuff I use is pretty much irrelevant it all comes down to skill and knowing your class. I made 3 videos 1 for aoe 1 for single target and 1 for boss rotations in groups I hope you find them helpful.
THOSE 4 ARE VIDEOS. CLICK ON THEM
I pop tenser’s then I use wheel of elements, I pop slam then battle fury and slightly sprint to cancel its animation then pop daggers you don’t really have to do battle fury first it doesn’t really matter. Now use weapon master’s strike get the one enemy at low hp and use IBS if you time it correctly and kill the enemy all enemies around it will be marked keep using weapon master’s strike until they die of course you are going to have to use the buffs again and keep the uptime at 100% as much as possible.
It’s pretty much the same as the “Boss Rotation” just keep buffs at 100% uptime although you are going to want to use daring shout instead of IBS since no one is marking for you so it’s basically the same as being in a buff group without a GF.
A little explanation on the boss rotation I start by using Crescendo to build Destroyer quickly. I then instantly use Tenser’s and use Weapon Master’s Strike. Before weapon master’s strike is done I pop Battle Fury. I slightly sprint to skip its long animation. I pop the soul sight artifact, use hidden daggers. When I see Break the Spirit and Forgemaster’s flame in my buff bar I use IBS (also use your at wills as an indicator on when to use IBS, NEVER SPAM IT). I try to pop Battle Fury again but I cancelled the animation too early and didn’t get the buff, didn’t sweat it though because the boss was already low on hp so I didn’t try recasting it and then I use another IBS to finish him off.
(Those numbers that you see aren’t easily achieved by every group, the group I was running with is premade and we were all coordinated and knew how to stack buffs/debuffs properly to get the most damage output so don’t expect every group to do the same).
There’s some changes after mod 13 that made slam a bit more useful. This rotation is kind of an RNG based rotation, you basically do 2-3 sure strikes before the fight, if I get one destroyer stack I activate slam since you also get a free stack from battle fury then you can easily get that 3rd stack when hitting during unstoppable. So if you have no AP during a fight you can use that, I use both rotations depending on the situation.
With a few tweaks, yes it can be viable. If you can’t reach 100% crit chance with wrathful determination then you should switch to Weapon Master. Also CHA is like 2.5% extra damage. At early game use DEX until you gear up enough to make those changes.
Voodoo/Cyler ( Some corrections regarding Dragonborn powers)
Math Magician Janne(Crit severity, Power charts) Link to her Website
Neverwinter Unblogged owner J0shi for providing the stat simulator.
You can find me on the neverwinter unblogged discord mostly memeing feel free to ask me any questions there I’m on most of the time. Click here
This is what I use in barovia.
For outside of Barovia now that heels of fury and kiuno can stack you use those 2.
By your request I made this new tab to show you my progress on gear I still don’t have the stuff I want I’m missing the shadowstalker +5.
Exalted my 2 main hands. I’ll keep you guys updated if I make any other changes.
A little quick update:
1. No luck yet with the +5 rings haven’t got either shadow or gravestriker +5
2. After a painful wait I finally got a gravestriker +5
Mod 14: Using a vistani ring of the dark due to new zone being mostly undead. Hopefully I get a +5 shadowstalker someday. Switched out the fured kiuno (for barovia only) for the vistani scalemail and the boots of the willed for heels of fury. Got the Bladelord’s assault helmet aswell to make it easier to balance stats and reach 100% Defenses ignored.
Not sure if they are bugs they could potentially be I’ll leave them here I guess. Fearbringers are for sure a bug though.
Tests done By Lancer.
0. Steel Blitz has the same issue that Storm spell for CW had, it is not following the player’s critical strike chance of the character. *Steel Blitz procced from Sure strike with 100% crit chance it will never crit *Steel Blitz procced from the Weapon Master Strike with 100% crit chance it will never crit from the 1st hit, but from the 2nd hit it will crit.
1. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Dmg Bonus from STR ability score. *Steel Blitz is increased by Destroyer class feature and Destroyer Purpose dmg bonus stacks, so it should work with STR.
2. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Powerful Challenge
3. Steel Blitz is increased by damage resistance debuffs from MARK and combat advantage.
4. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over damage resistance debuff from Weapon Master Strike.
5. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Stayin Power
6. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Mighty Blade
7. Steel Blitz is increased by Feytouch Dmg buff
8. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Wrathfull Determination
9. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Battle Fury
10. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over Hidden Dagger melee buff.
11. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over the Demon lords Immortality set 3/3
12. Steel Blitz doesn’t benefit over the Soul Sight Crystal.
13. Steel Bltiz when is procced by Weapon Master Strike + UP Lighting or other sources of damage like Aura of Courage, seems to give a bit too many proccs than expected.
14. Staying power doesn’t increase the Intimidation damage, and it doesnt increase the Come and Get it additional hit effect.
15. Mighty Blade it increases the intimidation damage, but it doesnt increase the Come and get it additional hit effect.
16. Hidden Dagers doesnt increase the intimidation damage, but it increases the Come and get it additional hit effect.
17. Wrathful Determination doesnt increase the intimidation damage, but it increases the Come and get it additional hit effect
18. Come and get it additional hit effect doesn’t benefit over Endless Assault heroic feat *Battle Fury works for both Intimidation and Come and get it additional hit effect , which means that the Come and get it additional hit should be considered as an encounter damage.
19. Battle Trample : When Trample the Fallen cause you to deal more damage, you should deal 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% of your weapon damage as Physical Damage * it doesnt benefit over damage multipliers, also with the recent changes to some of the trickster, hunter ranger, and warlock feats, this Feat could benefit one of the changes these classes got e.g: Shadowy Opportunity now deals 10/20/30/40/50% weapon damage, down from 20/40/60/80/100%, but now scales with player stats.
20. Trample the fallen after testing, it works on trash mobs, but it doesnt work with bosses, unless the boss has Courage Breaker Slow debuff from a trickster applied to the boss, but Battle trample the feat in sentinel will procc on any target even if its a immune target or not. Trample the fallen can be procced by other classes control so far, but so far it only works against immune CC targets if they have the slow from courage breaker applied to them..
21. Fearbringer bracers seem to only decrease the tooltip damage of the Slam Daily, but not the actual damage dealt.
22. Lightning arcs from the lightning enchantment do not scale with buffs since mod 13 they used to scale before drastically reducing the aoe damage it used to do.
Ok, there’s a lot of new stuff coming out I’ll sort the BiS Stuff out.
Enchantments: As you know we are getting 2 new enchants 1 armor, 1 weapon. Both are very good for at what they do and possibly BiS as for the weapon enchant it is bis for most situations there are certain situations where fey can come on top OP+GF + fire buff from wheel of elements by a small margin which requires a lot of micro management.. A lot of stuff can go wrong with it and in new dungeon group is separated at some mechanics so it’s most likely bis for new dungeon, it’s basically Holy avenger on steroids.
Mount: New bis dps mount. It gives a better damage buff than tenser and a 5% debuff on top of that.
Gear:New helmet from new dungeon aswell as new bis boots from hunts that are replacing boots of the willed. Nothing else to really explain here new boots are fured kiuno’s cousin just with better stats. Also the blue chest piece that gives 5% damage in barovia that is bis aswell.
Companions: Razorwood Blight I’ll be replacing it with siege master. Yes it does give 25% combat advantage damage haven’t tested if it works with drow ambush tactics but replacing it with siege master was an 8.25% dps increase for me without aura of courage that gets a bigger buff from combat advantage since it’s a non crit and combat advantage increases non crits differently(Aura of courage will do roughly 18% more damage).
Sunset Weapon set: This set is bis for Barovia during night time it gives 15% damage, damage resistance, healing and run speed it works in castle ravenloft aswell (Haven’t had the chance to completely test it, only judged by the tooltip I’ll test it once I get it on live server)
Update: Just unlocked the last boon for Ravenloft. I chose Righteous Sacrifice because of how it works compared to other boons it’s probably a boon everyone in the group should be using it also works on companions.