The Mod 19 Fighter Compendium For Vanguard and Dreadnought By Xenakis

User Score
199 ratings
You have rated this
Ads

Mod 19 Builds by Xenakis

For Vanguard and Dreadnought

Welcome to my guide! I am in the Jesus Had Soulforged guild and alliance on Xbox, and a part of the Neverwinter Legit Community and NWLC Alpha guild on PC. I have been writing and updating this guide since Mod 11. The game has changed a lot since Mod 11, but I’m happy to still be able to pull this guide together to help both new and experienced Fighters hopefully learn something new. At the time of writing this, the current module on all platforms is Mod 19. If you have any questions, I encourage you to join the Neverwinter Fighter Group on Facebook to ask questions and get answers from me there. I do try to check the comments and questions on here, but I check here much less often. You can also find me on the Aggro Shield Wielders discord server for questions and comments. I hope you enjoy this guide!

Sincerely,

Xenakis

P.S. Unfortunately, due to the increased amount of bot traffic on MMOMinds, I have decided to temporarily move this guide to the following Google Doc link. I still want to continue to support the site, but the bot issue has made it very difficult for me to work on this update. This is the only way I can continue to improve this guide at this time. Once the update is all finished, I will remove the link and publish the new version here. For now, please use this link for the newest updates.

As of 10.25.2020, the Google Doc is closed for maintenance and the outdated version of this guide is removed from this post until the revisions are complete.

Ads
comments
  • Jesse Watson
    September 30, 2019 at 11:52 pm

Thanks for the great guide! Out of the artifact sets you listed, which do you think is best for tank loadout? Wyvern and reflect set both seem great and I’m having a hard time deciding which to invest my limited ad in. Thanks again!

• October 1, 2019 at 4:49 am

Hi Jesse!

Thanks for reading and for the feedback. I think that Wyvern and Reflect set are both solid choices. Choosing one can be difficult but I would say in general that I think the healer of the group should be responsible for using the Wyvern set since a healer can position themselves with the DPS easier at the time they are going to use the buff. Since the Tank usually isn’t clumped up with their allies (sometimes but usually not), it’s best to not have allies rely on the tank for one of those rune artifact set buffs. For this reason, I feel that Reflect set is better as you can take care of your personal stats and protection, and if allies happen to be nearby for the buff that is a bonus for them, but your main objective is to aggro and survive so with that in mind I wouldn’t be chasing DPS to buff them so you can drag the boss attacks to them. Also, if someone in your group already has Reflect set, then using two of them may or may not be worth it to your group so that is something to consider as well. In short, Reflect will serve you better all around, but I wouldn’t ignore using the Wyvern set if the group needed it.

Xenakis

• Paul Ian Whitelaw
    October 4, 2019 at 11:07 am

thanks for the guide quick question what would be the 5th companion for the bolster tia

• October 15, 2019 at 5:31 am

Hi Paul,

1st: You know me on the Facebook group so just shoutout and I’d be happy to reply there. I’m one of the admin so I typically respond on there daily and much faster than I do on here.

2nd. You want to know the 5th companion for what bolster? You need 5 legendaries for the bolster category your chosen active companion falls into. I could help with telling you what extra companions would be worth upgrading, but I’d need to know if you’re playing Dreadnought or Vanguard, and which companion you’ve chosen as your active.

Xenakis

• JesseBooch
    October 20, 2019 at 2:37 am

What class features should you use for vanguard build?

• JesseBooch
    October 20, 2019 at 9:31 pm

What feats should I use for tank aoe build

• Jayne Hofer
    December 7, 2019 at 12:33 am

Hi there! First Thank You for the guide. I’m really a newbie at deciding what gear/artifacts/enchants etc to get. I read through your guide and have a few questions, if I may..
    I’m not understanding why on gear you recommend lower item level items, such as Enduring boots, which are only a 465 item level. ?? What am I missing here?
    As I mentioned, I’m totally a newbie… I’m l a level 80 dreadnought Fighter, I am in a guild, but I’m not getting much help there. Thanks for your time any any wisdom tip you could impart. If you need my in game name, please let me know.
    Many Thanks,
    Jayne

• Andrea
    January 14, 2020 at 2:31 pm

The math isn t an opinion.read the feat throwing shield for dps path,read it slowly…it increase the damage! With 4 enemy hit you have a x4 dmg output reduced by 160% that means it deals 2.4x the damage. lot of people playing the game have math issue. Sorry for bad english

• Cata
    February 29, 2020 at 11:32 am

Any plans on updating the guide reflecting mod 18 gear?

• Cata
    February 29, 2020 at 11:34 am

Any plan to update the guide reflecting mod 18 gear?

• Cata
    February 29, 2020 at 1:40 pm

Any plans to update the guide for mod 18? Thanks in advance.

• Cata
    March 7, 2020 at 5:03 pm

Could you please link “Aggro Shield Wielders” discord url?

• Cata
    March 9, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Aggro Shield Wielders- Fighter Discord invite link says “invalid invite”.

• March 15, 2020 at 9:47 pm

Hi Cata,

Thanks for your interest in my guide! Going forward, I encourage you to ask questions via Facebook or Discord as the response time is faster from me. I realize you did not have a valid link to discord so I’ll provide that below. I am currently working on a full re-work of my guide for Mod 18, so stay tuned!

discord.gg/Fs3mbQ

Xenakis

• Cata
      March 18, 2020 at 9:33 am

Thanks for your answer Troy. I’m eagerly waiting for your updated mod 18 guide. Thanks for the discord link.

• San
    April 19, 2020 at 11:18 am

Hi Xenakis, first off thanks a lot for your build. I tried to enter on the discord but the invite is outdated. Could I get a new one?
    Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

• San
    April 19, 2020 at 12:10 pm

Hello Xenakis, could I have your discord invite? Thanks a lot, appreciate it!